Leadership Glynn is a prestigious program that provides a diverse group of existing and emerging leaders with a unique opportunity to experience the many facets of Glynn County – readying them for the challenges of tomorrow. The program graduates 30 participants, on average, annually. The purpose and goal of Leadership Glynn is to develop informed leaders and channel their ideas and experiences toward community resources, issues and concerns to help direct the future of the Brunswick and Glynn County areas.
The Leadership Glynn Program consists of approximately eight (8) informative and interactive sessions designed to develop leadership skills, provide networking opportunities and educate participants about the Glynn County business climate and local issues. The program is a success, and many of its graduates are involved in our community and serving in leadership capacities.
For more information, contact Danielle Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To maintain a vital, positive community and to ensure continued sound growth, we need a healthy reservoir of knowledgeable community leaders.
- To ensure a pool of talent from which the community can draw its future leaders, men and women with leadership potential must be given an opportunity to learn fully how the city and county work and what the forces are that make them work.
- Continuing leadership development will ensure positive involvement in addressing community, regional, and state issues.
The 2023-2024 application will open on July 17, 2023 and will automatically close on August 13, 2023.
This application is to determine if you meet the criteria to receive a full or partial scholarship for the Leadership Glynn Program. Scholarships are distributed on a first come-first serve basis.
The needs assessment will open on July 17, 2023 and will automatically close on August 13, 2023.
Youth Leadership Glynn
Youth Leadership Glynn is a program for high school students with strong leadership potential. Principals and guidance counselors will select 20 students this year to participate. The students will be exposed to subjects dealing with local government, team building skills, economic development, local industry and coastal and environmental issues, just to name a few.
Youth Leadership Glynn consists of (7) sessions throughout the year and is an excellent way for youth to develop and foster interest in the community that they will inherit, while inspiring them to become successful leaders of tomorrow. The program will begin in October this year and concludes in May. Please contact your school’s guidance counselor for information on how to apply.
- To identify outstanding high school sophomores and juniors who have demonstrated leadership qualities and concern for the community.
- To present in-depth programs that will acquaint the students with community needs, opportunities, and resources and provide interaction with community leaders and decision makers.
- To develop an understanding of leadership qualities and team building skills.
- To provide opportunities for students from different areas to get to know one another and develop a level of mutual respect and trust.
Connect Glynn Educator Externship Academy
The Connect Glynn Educator Externship Academy is designed to provide educators in the Glynn County School System the opportunity to observe and interact with local companies while gaining real world industry experience from a number of major employers in Glynn County.
Through this unique professional development opportunity, educators work with their team over three (3) consecutive days to complete the on-site requirement of the externship. They meet with key leadership, learn about the mission and vision of the company, experience a company tour, and complete job shadowing opportunities of employees in various occupations.
The externship experience concludes with a presentation day (Day 4) which consist of each group presenting to community partners about their experience.
Up to (25) educators are selected per cohort to participate.
Fall 2023 Cohort Dates:
Tuesday, October 10, 2023-Thursday, October 12, 2023
Presentation Date and Location: February 16, 2023, Location: TBD