About the Chamber
About the Chamber
The Brunswick-Golden Isles Chamber of Commerce was incorporated in 1954. The existence of the Chamber was in the form of the Brunswick Board of Trade, dating back to the late 1800’s. Today the organization is governed by a board of directors and operates with an annual Program of Work. Currently, our chamber has 1,200 members. The Chamber’s primary responsibility is to its members and is committed to promoting a positive economic climate, through the support and initiation of projects and programs benefiting the community’s welfare.
The Brunswick-Golden Isles Chamber of Commerce is a member-based organization that provides leadership in fostering a dynamic business environment for the entire community.
Shared Vision Statement
Working together to make Brunswick and the Golden Isles an exceptional place in Georgia to live, work, and visit by strengthening our communities and enhancing the quality of life.
In 2016, the Chamber implemented the above Shared Vision Statement with the Golden Isles Convention & Visitors Bureau and the Brunswick & Glynn County Development Authority. Today that vision has been adopted by the following organizations:
- Brunswick City Commission
- Brunswick and Glynn County Development Authority
- Brunswick-Glynn County Joint Water and Sewer Commission
- Brunswick-Golden Isles Chamber of Commerce
- Brunswick Downtown Development Authority
- Brunswick Housing Authority
- Coastal Pines Technical College, Brunswick Campus
- College of Coastal Georgia
- Communities of Coastal Georgia Foundation
- Georgia Ports Authority
- Glynn County Airport Commission
- Glynn County Board of Commissioners
- Glynn County Board of Education
- Golden Isles College and Career Academy
- Golden Isles Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Jekyll Island Authority
- Saint Simons Land Trust
- Southeast Georgia Health System
- United Way of Coastal Georgia
…and more to come!